Impacts of Current COVID-19 Lock-Downs on Deliveries
Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll be aware of the COVID developments around the country. With the number of outbreaks & subsequent lock-downs in NSW & QLD, changes to the regular testing requirements that transport operators follow have been implemented in most states.
All transport companies are required to operation compliance with the #NationalFreightProtocol & all state based requirements. The protocol specifies COVID-19 testing regimes, When negative results are required as opposed to just proof of a test & how drivers are to limit interaction with the public when performing their duties.
What do the changes mean:
- Increased frequency in COVID-19 testing - in some cases, as much as a test every 3 days !
- Potential delays while we are waiting for test results before we can cross some borders
- Changes to requirements by states with little or no notice
- Significant penalties for non-compliance
- Increased pressure on the collection staff & lab staff who process tests
- Delivery schedule impacts beyond our control
As always we will keep customers in the loop with developments & ask for patience as we all adjust to the changing requirements. We are all in this together & working to prevent the spread of this virus. We're all trying to do our part & for our part, we have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place, and where possible, contactless delivery.
Feel free to contact our office team if you have any questions or concerns, we're only too happy to help.